Why does Academy Journals request transfer of copyright?
ASJ wants to ensure that it has the exclusive distribution rights. By summiting your article in any of the Academy Journals, you also accept that you transfer its copyright to Academy Journals. Copyright transfer eliminates any ambiguity or uncertainty about ASJ’s ability to distribute, sub-license and protect the article from unauthorized copying or alteration.
Authors are granted the right to:
- Make copies of the article for their own personal use, including for their own classroom teaching use
- Distribute copies (including through e-mail) of the article to research colleagues, for the personal use by such colleagues (but not for commercial purposes)
- Post their article on their personal or institutional web site or server
- Retain patent and trademark rights and rights to any process or procedure described in the article
- Use the article in a printed compilation of their own works, such as lecture notes, to extend the article into book-length form, with full acknowledgement of its original publication in the journal.