The names and email addresses entered in Academy Journals site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of these journals and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
Category Archives: Authors
Why does Academy Journals charge article processing fee (APF) for publishing in its journals?
Academy Journals publishes its journals in open access format. Anyone can unlimitedly and immediately access all full text content published in Academy Journals; meaning Academy journals does not have any income from selling print or online versions of its journals or from charging “pay-per-view” fees. Therefore, Academy needs to defray its handling, processing and production expenses by collecting article processing fee (APF) from authors’ institutes or research funding bodies
Authors are charged a handling fee of $200 (or 160 Euro) for each accepted manuscript. Manuscripts are only published after the handling fee has been received. We apply 30% discount for Editorial Board and the Award Committee Members since this is already included in their Academy Science Society (ASIS) membership fee. Academy Science Society (ASIS) members also are also entitled to a 30% discount for each accepted manuscript. Publication fees may be paid by several different ways (we will send you the details of the bill and payment options after your manuscript is being accepted), please chose the one whichever suits you:
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission’s compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published elsewhere, is original and has been written by the stated authors.
- The article is not currently being considered for publication by any other journal and will not be submitted for such review while under review by Academy Journals.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word file format.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 10-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Instruction for Authors, a master (example) manuscript file can be downloaded here.
- Spell and grammar checks have been performed.
- Please provide email addresses and affiliation(s) of four potential reviewers! (Please enter this information into the “Comments for the Editor” box in the online journal system when you are submitting your manuscript).